MTC MATCHING GRANT FOR MICRO AND SMALL ENTERPRISES
The Matching Grant is introduced to incentivise the micro and small enterprise that purchase new woodworking machinery/equipment. It is expected that their production capacity and competitiveness for fulfilling the received orders on time will be increased with the acquisition of the new machinery.
A) Eligibility Criteria
- A member of any one (1) of the six (6) timber associations:
i. Malaysian Wood Industries Association (MWIA);
ii. The Timber Exporters' Association of Malaysia (TEAM);
iii. The Malaysian Panel-Products Manufacturers' Association (MPMA);
iv. Malaysian Wood Moulding & Joinery Council (MWMJC);
v. Malaysian Furniture Council (MFC); and
vi. Persatuan Pengusaha Kayu-kayan & Perabot Bumiputra Malaysia (PEKA)
[Association of Malaysian Bumiputera Timber & Furniture Entrepreneurs].
- The company must be based in Peninsular Malaysia, installed with wood-based manufacturing facilities, in operation for at least three (3) years;
- Micro and small enterprises including sole proprietorship and partnership with sales turnover of less than RM2,000,000 per annum are eligible to apply;
- Must be involved in sawmilling or production of value-added timber products;
- Must be a wholly Malaysian-owned company; and
- Companies that have received other grant or subsidy for the purchase of the said item from other government or government-linked agencies are not eligible for this incentive.
B) Matching Grant
- A matching grant (50:50) of the total equipment/system price and freight charges, up to RM30,000 per company once every 2 years.
- Automation technology refers to machinerywhich is:
- Dedicated for sawmilling or value-added timber processing
- Used directly in the manufacturing processes at the factory floor
- New equipment/system
- Imported or locally fabricated
- The equipment/system must be installed in the factory and have been in operation for at least one (1) month after commissioning before the submission for reimbursement.
- The company should demonstrate that the equipment/system purchased enhances productivity, e.g. reducing man hours/reducing number of workers/ increasing the volume of output/reducing production lead time and/or increasing company’s revenue.
- Purchase of second hand or refurbished equipment/system is not eligible for the incentive.
- Register for an account at iap.mtc.com.my. Once the account registration is approved, the applicant will receive an email notification and instruction to log into the Portal.
- Applying Company shall complete their company profile in the online application portal.
- Applying Company with existing account in the portal shall log in and update their company profile. The company profile can be updated at any time and should be kept up to date for MTC’s evaluation.
- Submit the Application Form online after the purchase has been confirmed.
- Certified true copies of documents1 to be submitted online include:
- Form D/E as per the Companies Act 1965
- Inland Revenue Form B/BT (e-B/e-BT)
- Form 24 as per the Companies Act 1965 OR Section 78 as per the Companies Act 2016 (if applicable)
- Form 49 as per the Companies Act 1965 OR Section 58 as per the Companies Act 2016 (if applicable)
- Latest Form of Annual Return (if applicable)
- Purchase Order/Sales Contract
- Brochure with photos and technical specification of new equipment/system
- Manufacturing process flow chart explaining major processes and new process
- Relevant position of the new equipment/system on the factory floor
- Factory layout plan
- Latest three (3) years audited accounts/management accounts (if applicable)
- Latest three (3) months bank statement
Note: 1To certify on the first page only. Hardcopies are not required. Verification would be carried out during on-site DDA.
- MTC will send an acknowledgement of receipt to the Applying Company of its application.
- After that, the Applying Company must allow a remote due diligence audit (DDA) to be carried out by MTC prior to the installation of the equipment/system.
- The Applying Company is required to submit the “Letter of Commissioning/ Service Report” online to MTC after the new equipment/system has been commissioned.
- A Conditional Approval Letter will be issued and sent to the Applying Company if the application is approved to progress to next stage.
- Online submission for reimbursement (with full supporting documents) must reach MTC within two (2) months after commissioning of machine purchased.
- Late submission for reimbursement after the aforementioned two (2) months period will not be considered and shall be rejected by MTC.
- Certified true copies of documents2 to be submitted online for the reimbursement include:
- Supplier’s Invoice and Delivery Order for the machine
- Bill of Lading, Customs Declaration Form (K1) and Packing List (if purchased offshore)
- Proof of payment issued by local supplier
- Data3 (e.g. “before and after” results) to show that the equipment/system enhances production efficiency, e.g. reducing man hours/reducing number of workers and increasing the volume of output/reducing production lead time and/or increasing company’s revenue.
Note: 2To certify on the first page only.
3Latest 1 month’s production record each for before and after the commissioning of the new machine.
- Subsequently, MTC will conduct the due diligence audit (DDA) within one (1) month upon receipt of the online submission for reimbursement.
- MTC may go with a technical expert for the DDA.
- A consultant will be engaged by MTC to conduct an assessment on the feasibility of the new machinery and on whether it was charged at a fair and reasonable price.
- Approval for reimbursement is at the sole discretion of MTC.
- The financial incentive provided is on a first-come, first-served basis until the budgeted allocation is fully utilised.
F) Non-compliance (Penalty)
- In the event of non-compliance to the guidelines, the company must undertake to refund in full the disbursement's amount to MTC.
G) Process Workflow
For further enquiries and information, please contact:
1. Ms. Ong Lay Lee, ext. 602, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Ms. Wong Mei Kuan, ext. 605, email: email@example.com